The Locational and Spatial Setting
Fill in the blanks:
1. The Indian Island closest to the equator is greater Nicobar.
2. Arunachal Pradesh state gets the earliest sunrise.
3. India is separated from Sri Lanka by Palk strait or Gulf of Mannar.
4. The smallest state in area is Goa.
5. The state stands on three seas is Tamil Nadu
6. The border country sharing longest boundary with India is China.
7. The tropic of cancer runs half way through the country.
8. The total geographical area of India is 3.28 million sq.km
9. India is the seventh largest country.
10. The distance from North to south in India is 3,200 km
11. The distance from east to west in India is 3000km.
12. Indian standard Time (IST) is measured based on 82° 30 E longitudes.
13. The difference between IST and Greenwich is 5 ½ hours
14. The length of coast line of India is 6100 km
15. India has a total land frontier of 15,200 km
16. Nepal is called Himalayan kingdom.
17. India is a union of 28 states and 7 union territories.
18. Andhra Pradesh has coast line of 972km
19. The Islands of Andaman and Nicobar are of volcanic origin.
20. The Islands of Arabian sea are of coral origin.
One word Answers:
1. Which is the largest state in India in terms of area?
2. Which is the smallest state in India in terms of area?
3. The Island which is located between India and Srilanka
A. Pamban Island
4. How many Islands are there in India?
5. Where is eight degree channel located?
A. Minicoy Island.
About The Author
Praesent nec tortor quam. Quisque ac malesuada augue. Sed dignissim gravida odio ut bibendum. Cras fermentum euismod turpis. Nunc nec diam ante, et faucibus ipsum. Etiam imperdiet mattis elit et molestie. Nulla feugiat mollis leo vel egestas. Pellentesque convallis